Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Childhood

Karen was born on June 8th in Fairfax, VA. Her family soon moved to Michigan. I was the first child of five children, born to Anne and Ted Kingsbury. The photo above is Anne Kingsubry, Karen's mother.


"My heart is heavy as I write these words. On September 14th, my dad went home to be with the Lord. At this very moment, he is free and whole and well, and for that I'm beyond happy. Donald and I prayed that my dad would find the peace to let go if that was God's will, His plan. My mom reports that in his final hours, my father never looked more peaceful. Praise our glorious God and Savior! Today, at this very moment, my dad has felt again the long-missed embrace from my brother, and grinned into the eyes of his father - both of whom loved Jesus very much.
Still, this side of heaven I'm so sad. He will be missed with every breath. Every soccer goal and touchdown, every CYT audition and opening night. Every new book, all of which carry a part of him, my dear, sentimental father. If I squint into the lights - whether in a stadium or a theater - I'll still see him there, eyes glistening, a smile stretched across his face. The way I'll always see him.
Ted Kingsbury - ColorWe appreciate your kind words and amazing encouragement. If you'd like to leave a note for me or my family, please stop by my dad's CaringBridge web site. At his CaringBridge website, you can also read about his heart attack nine weeks prior to his death, and the miracle of his life since then. We appreciate your prayers, and couldn't have gotten through this season otherwise. God is good. Tonight we rejoice. Just before his heart attack, my dad told me, "Remember, Karen . . . will I dance for you Jesus, or fall upon my knees?" He grinned, his whole face full of joy. Then he gave a hearty shake of his head. "You gotta' dance!"
And so . . . tonight . . . he dances. Forever more, amen" -Karen Kingsbury

No comments:

Post a Comment